The Raw Lasagna really is a great dish. It takes a bit to make the ingredients for the layers, but it is soooo worth it!!
*Serves 9 large portions. Can be made in a 33 x 27cm -(or similar size) lasagna dish, or made as individual portions on the plate.
For the Nut Cheese
2 cups macadamias
1 cups pine nuts
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast( can get at the health food store)
2 yellow peppers
2Tbsp fresh parsley
1Tbsp fresh thyme
1 tsp salt
½ cup of water as needed
- Process all ingredients together adding as little of the water as possible until a fluffy consistency is achieved.
Walnut Meat Layer
1 ½ cup walnuts soaked 1 hour or more
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked for 1 hour or more
2Tbsp dark/brown miso
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried sage
5 Tbsp nama shoyu/ or Braggs Liquid Amios
½ tsp cayenne pepper
2Tbsp olive oil
1T agave nectar
- Grind all ingredients in a food processor, leaving the mixture slightly chunky.
1 ½ cups sun dried tomatoes, soaked 1 hour or more
2 soft dates
2 cloves garlic
2 cups tomato, seeded and chopped
1 ½ Tbsp dried oregano
1/3 cup olive oil
2T lemon juice
- Process in a food processor until smooth.
2 cups tightly packed basil leaves
¾ cup pine nuts or walnuts
½ cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 clove garlic
1Tbsp lemon juice
- Process all ingredients, leaving plenty of chunkiness!
6 cups torn spinach
5 Tbsp dried oregano
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a bowl to marinade and wilt for 1 hour or longer, putting the covered bowl in a dehydrator will help this process but it’s not essential.
Using 5 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise and marinated in 1Tbsp of salt and 3Tbsp olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Line the base of your dish with a layer of the zucchini strips that slightly overlap.
- On top of this put down a layer of the walnut meat, then the cheese, then tomato sauce and finally the pesto on top. Finish this with another layer of slightly overlapping zucchini strips.
- Repeat step 2 but before adding the final layer of zucchini, take your wilted spinach and create an additional layer with that.
- Placing the whole dish in the fridge for several hours will firm it all up slightly which will make it easier to cut into portions.
- Garnish individual portions with black pepper and a sprig of basil.