Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

Raw Spaghetti Recipe


This image is from Kristen's Raw She has a lot of wonderful food images... You can get her Recipe books here.











The sauce is something I played around with a lot until I liked the taste. I used several recipes and came up with something that I really enjoy.


For the noodles;
I use 1 med size zucchini
I use a spiral slicer

* You can use a veggie peeler to get thin slices, but using the Saladacco Spiral slicer makes the zucchini look just like spaghetti noodles and I really enjoy eating the raw pasta so much more in long spirals. The Slicer is not very expensive, and for me it was well worth the money. If you are new to raw and wondering what things are actually necessary. This isn't one of them, but it is one of my purchases that I get a lot of use out of and joy from.


For the Sauce;


1/2 cup of water
3 Roma Tomatoes
1 cup of sun dried tomatoes packed in Oil
2 small red bell peppers
2 Tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil
1 oz of Lemon juice
1 medjool date
1 Tbsp fresh basil
1 tbsp cilantro
1 tsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp crushed garlic
1/2 Tsp of Celtic sea salt
Garlic pepper
Onion Powder to taste

* Blend it all together in a high speed blender. I find if you let it set for a bit the taste is that much better.

Place the ribbons or spirals of zucchini on a plate. I splash some lime on the noodles and some garlic powder to get a buttery effect. Then I add the sauce on the top. Wait until just before you are going to eat it to add the sauce onto the noodles because the salt makes the water come out of the zucchini.

You won't miss the old white flour pasta at all after you try this fresh live version!

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Wow what a great picture! It sounds and looks delish! Thanks for posting.

    I like the change in your blog, it looks nice!

    LOVE ALWAYS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I agree with you...I like my pasta to look like noodles. LOVE my spiralizer.

    You're brave, posting such a tempting and tasty recipe while in the midst of juice feasting. More power to you! Hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. White background! Let the light in!! lol to earthmother, she's totally right !

    ReplyDelete
  4. rofl my word verification was

    POLEESS

    Quick! Call da POLEESS!!
    =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree - the spiralizer was a good investment. i love whipping up 'pasta' for me when everyone else is enjoying pasta dinner, too. ;) i have a similar version of this recipe and it's delicious.

    how's the juice feasting going? thinking of you...
    ~n~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this recipe today or something close to it. It was absolutely delicious

    ReplyDelete