Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Rawvolution- We are, as a Species ~ Plant Eaters~

Listen to your body, respect your body, love your body, feed your body.










In Defense of Food shows us how, despite the daunting dietary landscape Americans confront in the modern supermarket, we can escape the Western diet and, by doing so, most of the chronic diseases that diet causes. We can relearn which foods are healthy, develop simple ways to moderate our appetites, and return eating to its proper context -- out of the car and back to the table. Michael Pollan's bracing and eloquent manifesto shows us how we can start making thoughtful food choices that will enrich our lives, enlarge our sense of what it means to be healthy, and bring pleasure back to eating.

The more I educate myself about eating a Raw and Live food Diet, the more I realize why so many people are overweight, sick, agitated and and finding disease taking over their lives. It is simple to fix, we need to reset our ideas about what nourishment is to our bodies.
I personally think that if Humans keep eating processed, chemically enhanced, hormone fed, dead junk food diets. As a race we will not be eating for our health, but eat ourselves right out of existence!

I have been reading so much lately, and learning about how our bodies process food and carry nutrients into our system. It is not so surprising that our bodies natural ability to heal itself is so taxed that we find our self tired, stressed, irritated, and sick. Our bodies compensate for a while, but then become overwhelmed. This is when we notice that something isn't right.
We find ourselves asking,"What is wrong with me, I feel awful". Oh, to be able to gain back health and vitality once again. Is it too out of reach for us? Absolutely not, we just need to be reeducated about what we are supposed to be putting into our digestive tracks. Our body simply needs pure healthy fuel to maintain balance and health in your whole physical being. For me this discovery is a road leading me back to a healthy beautiful being- full of vitality, happiness and satisfaction.

3 comments:

  1. I've always wondered about that book. Is it worth the read? Every time I see it I'm like, "Hmm... nah."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with what you wrote. But I'm confused for myself-
    I'm dieting (by that word, I mean, eating whole foods) properly, and exercising well.

    Yet I'm still agitated. I'm still stressed and tired.

    Now what?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Haylee* I haven't actually read the whole book, just excerpts out of the book. I thought it really rang true to our state of being. There are so many health related issues caused by our environment and our poor eating habits. There are many books out there to read on similar subjects I am sure, but the more people are educated the greater chance of change.

    *Debbi* I am glad to hear that you are eating better. I have a site that I want you to explore. http://juicefeasting.com/. It explains the different stages of healthy eating, and the difference in how we feel. I know that many people aren't disciplined enough to start out at Juice feasting, but even making small changes to our diet over time helps to create a better way of eating for yourself. It will definitely help with stress and mood.
    However, there are many different things you can do to make your self less agitated in general. The thing that works best for me is to take time for myself. Shut myself away in a quiet environment. Listen to soothing music. Meditate( I will be posting about meditating on a new blog I am creating). Taking time for yourself, getting yourself into a place you are happy with for your life, or at least know what you want and taking steps towards that help to "overall" lift your mood. so everyday things don't effect us so much....
    Love and Light
    *K")

    ReplyDelete