Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 5 of my Raw Vegan Diet


Doing something healthy and caring for your body is truly a beautiful thing.




I am starting to feel more and more that this raw vegan " new way of life" is exactly what my body has been begging for, for years. It isn't hard for me to eat in a regimented and disciplined way. Most of my life I have made an effort to eat healthy, and avoid foods that are high in fat and refined sugars. It is like I have been slowly, over my lifetime been practicing, becoming more disciplined, almost priming myself for a healthier way of eating. I like to think that sometimes life makes some sense, and perhaps things that happen to us in our lives are really there for"a reason"...ooooo...lol I know..that just sounds CRAZY!

So How am I feeling today? I am feeling like I got ran over by a truck. I was in a head on collision this summer..and had a lot of muscular damage, as well as many broken bones. I guess that could be part of it. I am definitely feeling my old tissue injuries more today. I think the best way to describe it is that I am walking in mud...like every movement is an effort. I guess I am starting the detoxification part of the adventure. I knew this was coming...and it won't scare me off! LOL My mood is good even though I am usually a little nasty this time of the month. I will drink lots of water today and get more rest.

"And this too shall Pass"...

Today I started my day with a nice big glass of distilled water.
Then I had a smoothie made of;
2 apples
1 banana
2 handfulls of kale
1 handfull of spinich leaves
1 handfull of lettuce
1 spear of pinapple
1/2 a scoop of Vegan Vitamin Suppliment

I usually have the same smoothie for lunch as I do for breakfast. To be honest I usually make a big batch of it in the morning and graze all moring. I keep the rest in the fridge and just eat as I feel hungry..or thirsty as the case may be. =)

for lunch I am going to have raw veggies with Raw Hummus;

Raw Hummus

1 c. chick pea sprouts (sprouted overnight)
Juice of 1 lemon or lime (I prefer lime)
2 T. fresh orange juice
1 clove garlic
2 T. raw Tahini
Optional seasonings: ground cumin, spike or sea salt to taste, chives, paprika, cayenne pepper

Blend all of the ingredients. Add water to thin to desired consistency.

Very delicious spread on leafy greens or red bell pepper strips or even celery. Enjoy!

For Diner I had a Nice Fresh Salad of;
Romaine lettuce
Cherry tomatoes
Wedges of cucumber
Almonds
Sunflower seeds

I tried a recipe in the blender Green Apples and Parsley.
It was meant for a juicer, but I am a rebel by nature and tried it in a blender.
My son actually drank half of it. lol It was alright. I'm not too excited about it, but I don't really like green apples...Dogh! Did I mention that I am a freak?

Water water water....and off to the bathroom I go!

I feel much better tonight than I did this morning. I have been talking to many people who felt horrible today. I think that the air pressure is affecting us all. Boo...
Love and light to you all =) Hope we all feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment